We are closed from 14 to 22 September for a family holiday! Please still feel free to browse and place orders. We promise they will get to you by the 23rd.
R 70.00 / kg
Citric acid is a weak organic acid. It occurs naturally in citrus fruits.
It is used extensively in cleaning products and many DIY cleaning recipes contain citric acid. This is because citric acid is an excellent chelating agent - binding metals by making them soluble. This makes it effective at removing limescale, hard water stains, calcium deposits, lime and rust. Citric acid also kills bacteria, mold and mildew, making it great for general disinfecting and cleaning.
- In the dishwasher, either as part of the dishwashing detergent or as a rinse aid (for rinse aid combine 100ml boiling water with 2 tablespoons citric acid and let cool).
- As a toilet and shower cleaner (sprinkle powder in the toilet bowl/shower or dilute in water as above).
- To remove mineral deposits in kettles or on bathroom fixtures.
- Although considered food safe, breathing in citric acid can cause respiratory symptoms, such as a cough, shortness of breath, and a sore throat. Contact with the eyes can result in redness and pain, and skin contact may cause redness as well.
- Avoid cleaning natural stone (granite/marble) as acid can cause damage.
The prices quoted excludes the price for the returnable container that will automatically be added to your product should you add any item(s) to your basket.
The prices for the containers are listed below:
|125 ml jar||R 8.00|
|375 ml jar||R 10.00|
|1 litre jar||R 15.00|
|2 litre jar||R 25.00|
|3 litre jar||R 32.00|
|250 ml bottle||R 12.00|
|500 ml bottle||R 12.00|
|1 litre bottle||R 20.00|